Fun Facts About the Pointes!
- Grosse Pointe's unofficial town colors are Pink and Green to symbolize the preppiness of the residents and the area.
- There are actually 5 Grosse Pointe cities that make up the collective "Grosse Pointe." They are Grosse Pointe Park, Grosse Pointe City, Grosse Pointe Farms, Grosse Pointe Shores, and Grosse Pointe Woods.
- Each city within Grosse Pointe has its own Police and Fire departments.
- The movie "Grosse Pointe Blank" was set in Grosse Pointe. In actuality, the movie only contains 11 seconds of actual footage filmed in Grosse Pointe.
- The students of Grosse Pointe public schools do not ride school busses. The kids either walk to school or their parents are expected to drive them.
- Edsel Ford and his family lived in Grosse Pointe, with his decendants still residing there today.
- Grosse Pointe was very popular during the Great Depression due to its close proximity with Canada. Cars used to drive across the frozen lake St. Clair in the wintertime filled with alcohol. They would then bring it to secret speakeasys located in the basements of houses in Grosse Pointe. Some cars that did not make the dangerous trip all the way across the lake are still sitting at the bottom.